Take your holiday to greater heights at the highest altitude resort in Europe – Val Thorens. There is a sense of energy and youthfulness about Val Thorens. It is a place for new experiences, first times, and novel discoveries. Whether you’re young or just wanting to feel young again, Val Thorens is the destination for you.
#Learn something new:
* Try out one of the area’s many ski schools. Ecole de Ski Magic in Motion offers classes for groups up to six and is a great way to get your whole group out on the slopes. Prosneige is another ski school known for its excellent teachers.
#Taste something different:
* Enjoy fine dining at Restaurant Jean Sulpice.
* You can even take a cooking course here during the summer to learn some of their house secrets.
* Another tasty experience in Val Thorens is blueberry picking.
* Blueberry bushes grow naturally all over the area during the summer.
* Bushes can be found along the Balcon du Lou footpath, and visitors are welcome to freely collect the berries.
#See something beautiful:
* With the highest elevation of all Europe’s resorts, there are some brilliant views of the mountains.
* You can see it all from the La Tyrolienne zip cord.
* Soar for 1,300 metres at 2,230 metres high over the Val Thorens Crest and see the mountain peaks from a bird’s eye view.
#Do something you’ve never done before:
* While in Val Thorens you’ll have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see glaciers from below, rather than above.
* If you’re looking to try something thrilling, consider ice diving!
* With a professional diving instructor from ski school Evolution 2, you can take the plunge and see what it is like beneath the ice.